Sweet Mexican Rice Pudding
This is the creamiest rice pudding you will ever taste.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup rice
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 can evaporated milk
- 1 can sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- Ground cinnamon
- Place water, rice and cinnamon stick in saucepan. Bring to boil. Reduce
heat to low, cover and cook for 12 to 15 minutes.
- Remove cinnamon stick. Stir in milks, raisins, vanilla extract and salt.
Bring to boil. Stir a small portion of rice mixture into egg.
- Add egg mixture to rice mixture, mixing with wire whisk. Bring to boil,
stirring constantly for 2 minutes.
- Serve warm or chilled, sprinkled with ground cinnamon before serving.
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.