This is a cake I've been making for years. It's still a hit every time
I serve it.
- 1 (14 ounce) bag Kraft Caramels
- 1/2 cup evaporated milk
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2
- 1 (18.25 ounce) box chocolate * cake mix
- 1 cup pecans, chopped
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
* regular or German chocolate
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Grease a 13 x 9-inch baking pan.
- Prepare cake mix per instructions on box. Pour 1/2 of the batter into the
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes.
- In a double boiler melt butter, milk and caramels together. Pour over the
- Sprinkle the pecans over the caramel layer.
- Sprinkle the chocolate chips over the pecans.
- Pour remaining batter over and finish baking for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Serve each piece drizzled with caramel sauce and sprinkled with pecans,
From the kitchen of Linda Ann Jolly.
From the Family Recipes Collection of Linda Ann Jolly and Lisa Marie Stephens.