Bacon Wrapped Catfish with Cream Cheese Stuffing
Catfish filets stuffed with a cream cheese/jalapeno mixture, then wrapped with
- 8 (3-5-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- Seasoned salt
- 8 slices smoked bacon
- 1 cup Italian breadcrumbs
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons diced, jarred jalapeños
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon celery salt
- 2 tablespoons onion, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1 teaspoon ground thyme
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Place bacon on sheet pan in single layer and bake for 10 minutes or until
- Combine breadcrumbs, cream cheese, jalapeños, lemon juice, celery salt,
onion, parsley and thyme. Divide into 8 portions.
- Lightly dust fillets with seasoned salt. Place fillets flat side up. Place
1 portion of stuffing in middle of each fillet. Wrap thin side of fillet toward
center, then thicker side toward center. Secure with a toothpick. Wrap 1 slice
of bacon around each fillet, securing with toothpicks. Sprinkle tops with paprika.
- Spray cooking rack and baking sheet with cooking spray. Place catfish rolls
on rack. Bake 20 to 30 minutes or until fish is cooked through.
- Remove toothpicks. Garnish with lemon slices and parsley.
Yield: 8 servings
Reprinted with permission from the Catfish Institute.