Baked Catfish Provencal
- 2 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1 cup
- 1/2 sweet onion, thinly sliced
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 cup grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup crushed tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 tablespoon dried Italian herbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon freshly ground
- 1/4 cup chopped Italian parsley
- 2 servings pasta, cooked
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place 1 tablespoon olive oil in skillet over medium high heat. Add mushrooms,
onion, and garlic; sauté until tender, about 5 minutes.
- Add grape tomatoes and crushed tomatoes; cook 3 more minutes until heated through.
- While vegetables are cooking, add butter and remaining olive oil to ovenproof
skillet over medium high heat.
- Season both sides of catfish with Italian herbs, salt and pepper.
- Carefully place catfish in skillet; cook 3 minutes.
- Turn fillets and cook another 3 minutes.
- Slowly spoon vegetable mixture onto fillets in skillet.
- Place in oven and cook 5 minutes.
- Remove from oven; sprinkle with Italian parsley.
- Serve with your favorite pasta.
Yield: 2 servings
Recipe and photo credit: The Catfish Institute.