Barbecue Chip Catfish
If you love potato chips, especially barbecue-flavored chips, then get ready for one of the tastiest fish dishes you’ve ever had. And when you top it with our 5-minute southwest corn salsa, with or without the tequila, get ready for lots of oohs and aahs.
- 1/2 cup ranch salad dressing
- 1 (6 ounce) package barbecue-flavored potato chips, crushed
- 4 (6 ounce) U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets (about 1 1/2 pounds)
- 1 1/2 cups frozen corn, thawed
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 3 scallions, sliced
- Juice from 1 lime
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 tablespoons tequila (optional)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F. Coat a rimmed baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Place ranch dressing in a shallow dish. Place potato chips in another shallow dish. Dip catfish fillets into dressing, then into potato chips, coating completely on both sides; place on baking sheet.
- Bake 18 to 20 minutes or until fish is firm in center and the coating is crispy and golden.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, combine corn, bell pepper, scallions, lime juice, salt, black pepper, and tequila, if desired; mix well. Serve corn relish over catfish.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
The Catfish Institute
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.