- Vegetable oil
- 1 pound fish fillets or uncooked peeled, deveined large shrimp, thawed if frozen
- 3 to 4 tablespoons Original Bisquick
- 1 cup Bisquick Original baking mix
- 1/2 cup beer
- 1 egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil (1 1/2 inches) in heavy saucepan or deep fryer to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly coat fish with 3 to 4 tablespoons Bisquick.
- Mix remaining ingredients with hand beater until smooth. (If batter is too
thick, stir in additional beer, 1 tablespoon at a time, until desired consistency.)
Dip fish into batter, letting excess drip into bowl.
- Fry fish about 2 minutes on each side or until golden brown; drain.
- Serve hot and, if desired, with tartar sauce.
Makes 4 or 5 servings.