Broiled Golden Puff Fillets
- 1 pound fish fillets, fresh or frozen
- 2 tablespoons melted butter
- 1/4 cup tartar sauce
- 1 egg white, stiffly beaten
- Thaw frozen fillets.
- Place skin side down in well-greased shallow baking pan. Season with salt
and pepper; drizzle with butter.
- Using medium heat, broil about 4 inches from heat source for 10 to 15 minutes
or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Gently fold tartar sauce into beaten egg white.
- About 2 minutes before fish is done, spread egg white mixture over fillets.
- Broil until topping is golden.
Makes 3 servings.
Source: All-Time Favorites Cookbook 1981