Catfish Broiled with Tomato, Onion and Cheese Hash
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 4 (4- to 6-ounce) U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish fillets, 1/2 inch thick
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 medium tomatoes, chopped
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh jalapeno pepper, seeds discarded
- 1/2 cup (1.5 ounces) coarsely grated 2% sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- Heat broiler.
- In a small bowl, stir together lemon juice, olive oil, and hot sauce. Brush
both sides of catfish fillets. Place on an oiled baking pan and broil about
4 inches from the heat for 5 minutes.
- In a medium bowl, stir together tomato, onion, jalapeno pepper and cheese.
Spoon over catfish. Sprinkle with salt and pepper and broil for an additional
Makes 4 servings.
Recipe developed by Elizabeth Terry, Elizabeth on 37th, Savannah, Georgia.
Recipe and photo credit (used with permission):
The Catfish Institute
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fish Recipes