Catfish with Pesto
- 4 U.S. farm-raised catfish fillets
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter, divided
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Romano cheese
- 2 tablespoons chopped pecans
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons butter
- Catfish: Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Rinse fillets and pat dry.
- Combine all dry ingredients. Coat fillets evenly and shake off excess coating.
Heat 1 tablespoon each of the butter and oil over medium-high heat in a large
skillet until butter foams but doesn't burn.
- Cook 2 fillets, rounded side down, for 2 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet,
rounded side up. Wipe skillet, add remaining butter and oil. Repeat cooking
process with remaining fillets. Spread fillets with pesto. Bake for 6 to 7 minutes,
or until fish flakes easily when tested with a fork.
- Pesto: Combine all ingredients in food processor with metal blade. Pulse-chop
to a coarse paste. Use immediately or cover and refrigerate.
Source: The Catfish Institute
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.