Catfish Tacos with Strawberry Cilantro Salsa
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 4 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3 tablespoons hot sauce
- 4 tablespoons oil
- 8 hard taco shells
- 1/2 head lettuce
Strawberry Cilantro Salsa
- 8 ounces strawberries, sliced lengthwise
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, minced
- Catfish: Place lime juice, garlic, salt, hot sauce and oil in large re-sealable freezer
bag. Seal bag and mix contents well.
- Add catfish fillets; reseal bag and coat fillets with marinade.
- Place in refrigerator for 30 minutes. While catfish is marinating, prepare the Strawberry Cilantro Salsa.
- Strawberry Cilantro Salsa: Combine strawberries, lime juice, zest and
cilantro in small bowl and set aside.
- Heat grill.
- Remove catfish from bag and discard marinade.
- Place fillets on grill; cook 3 to 4 minutes.
- Turn and grill 3 more minutes or until cooked through.
- To assemble tacos, line taco shells with lettuce.
- Cut fillets into long strips and place in shells. Top with Strawberry Cilantro
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: The Catfish Institute
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.