Coconut Catfish with Sweet Dipping Sauce
- 2 pounds U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets, cut into 1-inch strips
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, divided
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1 (12-ounce) can beer
- 1 (14-ounce) package sweetened flaked coconut
- Vegetable oil
Sweet Dipping Sauce
- 1 (10-ounce) jar orange marmalade
- 3 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 3 tablespoons Creole mustard
- Catfish: Combine 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, paprika, curry powder, salt, cayenne
pepper and beer in a large bowl.
- Dredge catfish strips in 1/2 cup flour.
- Dip strips in beer batter and roll in coconut.
- Fry coated strips in deep, hot oil (350 degrees F) until coconut is golden
brown. Drain on paper towels. Place on serving dish with Sweet Dipping Sauce.
- Sweet Dipping Sauce: Mix above ingredients.
- May be served hot or cold.
Yield: 6 to 8 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from: U.S. Catfish Institute
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.