Crab-Stuffed Catfish with Parmesan Crust
- 4 U.S. Farm-Raised Catfish Fillets
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup onion, diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pound lump crab meat
- 2 cups Parmesan, grated (divided)
- 2 tablespoons chives, chopped (divided)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Melt butter in medium, nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add onions and garlic and sauté until translucent. Add wine and simmer until mixture is almost dry. Add lump crab meat, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and cool in refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours until completely chilled. Once chilled, fold in 1/2 cup Parmesan and 1 tablespoon chopped chives to crab mix.
- Using a sharp knife, butterfly each fillet lengthwise horizontally as evenly as possible. Place 2 to 3 tablespoons of crab mixture on bottom half of catfish, being careful not to overfill. Fold top of catfish over to cover stuffing.
- Season stuffed catfish with salt and pepper. Dip fillets into remaining grated Parmesan, coating evenly.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Carefully sauté catfish until a golden brown crust is formed. Turn catfish over and cook for an additional 3 minutes.
- Garnish fillets with remaining chives.
Yield: 4 servings
Recipe and photo used with permission from:
The Catfish Institute
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.