- 2 pounds catfish, cleaned and skinned
- 1/2 cup flour
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/2 cup yellow cornmeal
- Pinch of granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons shortening or bacon fat
- Dry fish with cloth or paper towel.
- Combine dry ingredients.
- Dip fish into
the cornmeal mixture and fry in hot shortening until golden brown on each side.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.