- 24 smelts
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons flour or cornmeal
- 4 tablespoons butter or margarine
- Clean smelts; remove heads and tails, and wipe with a damp cloth.
- Roll smelts in salted flour or cornmeal.
- Fry for about 5 minutes in hot butter or margarine,
turning them frequently until golden brown.
- Serve with tartar sauce.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.