Marinated Catfish in Blue Cornmeal Batter
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 1/2 teaspoon ground oregano
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 3 to 4 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons dry white wine
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 pounds catfish fillets
- 1 teaspoon pequin chile flakes
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup blue cornmeal
- 2 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Lime wedges
- Marinade: Mix the oregano, lime juice, onions, wine, oil, and garlic in a shallow
glass dish. Arrange fish in the mixture and let marinate in the refrigerator
for 45 minutes. Remove fillets from the marinade and discard the marinade.
- Mix the chile flakes, salt and pepper with the cornmeal.
- Fish: Dip the fish into the beaten egg, then into the cornmeal mixture.
- Heat the oil and butter in a frying pan, and sauté the fish until golden brown.
- Serve with lime wedges.
Serves 4 to 6.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fish Recipes