- 4 farm-raised catfish fillets
- 1 cup finely crushed tortilla chips
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 3 tablespoons Mexican lime juice
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh cilantro
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F. Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- Cut each catfish fillet in half. Rinse in cold water and pat dry with paper
- Combine the crushed tortilla chips and chili powder in a shallow dish.
- Combine the lime juice and vegetable oil in another shallow dish.
- Dip each fillet piece into the lime/oil mixture and then immediately into the
seasoned tortilla chip crumbs to coat.
- Place on prepared baking sheet. Sprinkle
fillets with any remaining crumbs and bake until crisp and golden, about 8 to
10 minutes, depending on the size and thickness of the fillets. The catfish
should be tender when pierced with a fork in the thickest part.
- Gently warm the salsa. Spoon salsa across the center of the catfish fillets.
- Sprinkle with fresh cilantro, then serve.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.