Smoked Fish 2
Fish and Brine
- 3/4 cup Kosher salt (not iodized or ice cream
- 1 quart water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon
- Hickory chips
- Vegetable cooking spray
- GOPPS Seasoning
GOPPS Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown
- Dissolve salt in water; stir in sugar and next 4 ingredients.
- Cut fish into serving-size pieces, if desired. Submerge fish in salt solution;
cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Soak hickory chips in water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place hickory chips on hot coals. Place water pan in smoker, but do not
fill with water. Coat food rack with cooking spray and place in smoker.
- Remove fish from brine; pat dry.
- Sprinkle with GOPPS Seasoning Mix.
- Place fish on food rack. Cover with smoker lid; cook 2 hours or until fish
flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Makes about 5 pounds smoked fish.