As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
Fish and Brine
- 3/4 cup Kosher salt (not iodized or ice cream salt)
- 1 quart water
- 2 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon seafood seasoning
- Hickory chips
- Vegetable cooking spray
- GOPPS Seasoning Mix
GOPPS Seasoning Mix
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Fish and Brine: Dissolve salt in water; stir in sugar and next 4 ingredients.
- Cut fish into serving-size pieces, if desired. Submerge fish in salt solution;
cover and refrigerate overnight.
- Soak hickory chips in water for 30 minutes.
- Prepare charcoal fire in smoker; let burn 15 to 20 minutes.
- Place hickory chips on hot coals. Place water pan in smoker, but do not
fill with water. Coat food rack with cooking spray and place in smoker.
- Remove fish from brine; pat dry.
- GOPPS Seasoning Mix: Combine ingredients, and sprinkle fish with GOPPS Seasoning Mix.
- Place fish on food rack. Cover with smoker lid; cook 2 hours or until fish
flakes easily when tested with a fork.
Yield: about 5 pounds smoked fish
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fish Recipes