Southern Fried Catfish
As an Amazon Associate, I earn from qualifying purchases.
- 8 catfish
- 1 quart water
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
- 2 cups yellow cornmeal
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- Vegetable oil
- Combine first 3 ingredients. Cover and refrigerate 1 hour; drain.
- Combine cornmeal and next 5 ingredients in a plastic bag. Add fillets, one at a time,
shaking well to coat completely.
- Pour oil to a depth of 2 to 3 inches into a Dutch oven; heat to 375 degrees
- Fry fillets, a few at a time, for about 4 minutes on each side or until golden
- Drain well on paper towels.
- Serve immediately.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fish Recipes