Tennessee Fried Catfish
- 6 skinned, pan-dressed catfish or other fish, fresh or frozen
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 2 cups cornmeal
- Thaw frozen fish. Sprinkle both sides with salt and pepper.
- Beat eggs slightly and blend in the milk.
- Dip fish into the eggs and roll in cornmeal.
- Place fish
in a heavy fry pan which contains about 1/8 inch melted fat, hot but not smoking.
Fry at a moderate heat. When fish is brown on one side, turn carefully and brown
the other side. Cooking time is about 10 minutes depending on the thickness
of the fish.
- Drain on absorbent paper.
- Serve immediately on a hot platter, plain or with a sauce.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.