- 8 to 12 (1/2 pound) trout
- 2 teaspoons salt, divided
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
- 2 cups (4 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup shaved almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lemon slices (1 for each fish)
- Trout: Soak fish in milk, 1 teaspoon of the salt and Tabasco for 1 hour
before cooking time.
- Prepare mixture of flour, 1 teaspoon salt and white pepper
and lightly coat the damp fish inside and out before sautéing.
- Melt butter in each of 2 skillets that are large enough to cook 3 fish at a time. Heat butter
to bubbling hot, but do not allow it to brown or brown the fish too quickly.
- Place trout in skillets and sauté approximately 5 minutes on the first side.
- Turn fish over and cook about 3 minutes on the second side. Take care not to
- As the trout are cooked, place them on a warm platter or directly
on the plates and serve as soon as possible with a slice of lemon on each fish.
- Sauce: In a small skillet, melt butter. Heat and brown the almonds.
- After browning the almonds, add the lemon juice, parsley, salt and Worcestershire
sauce. Heat the mixture before spooning onto each trout.
- Keep some in reserve to put in a bowl for the table.
- Serve with chilled bottle of dry white wine.
This post may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our disclosure policy.