- 8 to 12 (1/2 pound) trout
- 2 teaspoons salt,
- 6 drops Tabasco sauce
- 2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon white pepper
cups (4 sticks) butter
- 3/4 cup shaved almonds
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup (2 sticks) butter
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Lemon slices (1 for each fish)
- Trout: Soak fish in milk, 1 teaspoon of the salt and Tabasco for 1 hour
before cooking time.
- Prepare mixture of flour, 1 teaspoon salt and white pepper
and lightly coat the damp fish inside and out before sautéing.
- Melt butter in
each of 2 skillets that are large enough to cook 3 fish at a time. Heat butter
to bubbling hot, but do not allow it to brown or brown the fish too quickly.
- Place trout in skillets and sauté approximately 5 minutes on the first side.
- Turn fish over and cook about 3 minutes on the second side. Take care not to
- As the trout are cooked, place them on a warm platter or directly
on the plates and serve as soon as possible with a slice of lemon on each fish.
- Sauce: In a small skillet, melt butter. Heat and brown the almonds.
browning the almonds, add the lemon juice, parsley, salt and Worcestershire
sauce. Heat the mixture before spooning onto each trout.
- Keep some in reserve
to put in a bowl for the table.
- Serve with chilled bottle of dry white wine.