Colorado Deep-Fry Fish Batter
This is also an excellent batter for onion rings and other vegetables.
- 1 (12 ounce) can light beer
- 1 cup sifted all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon
- 1 tablespoon paprika
- Sift flour, salt and paprika together. Sift into beer, lightly beating with
wire whisk until light and frothy. This mixture may be used at once or after
standing for several hours.
- When using batter, stir from time to time to keep
it thoroughly mixed.
- Flour fish and dip into batter. Let fish rest several minutes
before frying so it will not be too drippy.
- Fry at about 400 degrees F in oil
until golden brown.