Green Sauce for Seafood
This is reminiscent of the famed "skordalia" of Greece. Serve as a
dip with steamed or poached seafood or as a sauce with broiled, poached or grilled
- 1 slice white bread with crust removed
- 5 tablespoons distilled white vinegar
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, or as needed
- 3/4 cup minced parsley, preferably flat leaf
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 3 anchovy fillets, finely minced
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 1/2 teaspoons capers, drained
- Tear the bread into pieces and place in a small bowl. Add 3 tablespoons
of the vinegar and soak until the bread is saturated, about 30 minutes.
- Using a hand mixer or a blender or mini-chopper add the olive oil, parsley,
garlic, anchovies and sugar to the bread and vinegar. Beat (or process) until
well mixed. Add the capers and the remaining 2 tablespoons vinegar.
- Spoon into
a small serving bowl and let stand 15 to 20 minutes to blend the flavors or
chill up to 3 hours.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Fish Sauce Recipes