Mango Barbecue Sauce
This is delicious for barbecuing salmon.
- 1 ripe mango, peeled, pitted and cut into small cubes
- 1 cup prepared mango chutney
- 1 cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced garlic
- 1 (28 ounce) can peeled plum tomatoes, crushed, with juices
- 2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon molasses
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- Combine all ingredients in a heavy saucepan. Simmer, covered, over low heat for 20 minutes or until the sauce thickens.
- Cool slightly.
- Puree sauce until smooth in a food process or blender.