Wine Court Bouillon
Use this to poach fish; save to use in soup.
- 8 cups cold water
- 4 cups dry white wine
- 2 large onions, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 2 ribs celery, chopped
- Bouquet garni
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black peppercorns
- In a saucepan, combine the water, wine, onions, carrots, celery, bouquet
garni and salt. Simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Add peppercorns and simmer for an additional 10 minutes. (Peppercorns tend
to turn Court Bouillon bitter if they cook too long.)
- Let liquid cool, then
Makes about 10 servings.