Alaska Cod Buffalo-Style Quesadillas
These crispy Cod quesadillas are packed with flavor...a regular meal sandwiched
between two flour tortillas.
- 8 large (10-inch) flour tortillas
- 4 cups Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 2 cups tomatoes, small dice
- 8 Alaska Cod fillets, 3 ounces each, sautéed and flaked
- 1/2 cup Buffalo wing sauce, prepared
- 1 cup Ranch or blue cheese dressing, prepared
- 1/4 cup cilantro, fresh, leaves only, chopped
- Lay 1 tortilla flat and build quesadilla on one half. Layer tortilla with
1/2 cup cheese, 1/4 cup tomatoes, 3 ounces of prepared cod and 3 teaspoons Buffalo
- Fold in half and carefully lay on a hot, lightly oiled (2 teaspoons) griddle.
Cook until bottom is light brown. carefully turn and cook until cheese is melted
and second side of quesadilla is lightly browned.
- Remove from heat and cut into 4 wedges.
- Plate and drizzle with Ranch or Blue Cheese dressing.
- Serve 2 tablespoons of chosen dressing in small cup. Sprinkle with chopped
Serves 16 | Prep Time 5 minutes | Cook Time 10 minutes
Nutrients per serving: 295 calories, 17g total fat, 7g saturated fat, 53%
calories from fat, 25mg cholesterol, 14g protein, 21g carbohydrate, 1g fiber, 1164mg
sodium, 226mg calcium and 70mg omega-3 fatty acids.
Reprinted with permission from Alaska Seafood.