Avocado Crepes with Crab
- 1 large avocado
- 6 eggs
- 3/4 cup flour
- Salt and pepper
- 3/4 cup milk
- 3/4 cup water
- 3 cups cream sauce
- 2/3 cup diced Gruyere cheese
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds crab meat (2 cans)
- 1/2 cup grated cheese
- Mash avocado; add eggs, flour and salt. Beat until smooth and gradually
stir in milk and water.
- Heat a 6-inch pan, melt in it 1/3 teaspoon butter. Pour in 4 tablespoons
avocado batter. Tilt pan to cover bottom and brown pancake. Turn and cook other
side. Continue to use all batter.
- Heat sauce. Add Gruyere cheese and cook until sauce thickens. Remove from
heat. Add Worcestershire sauce. Stir in crabmeat.
- Put a little filling on each pancake and roll up. Arrange pancakes in a
single layer in a large buttered shallow baking dish. Sprinkle with grated cheese.
Dot with butter.
- Bake at 425 degrees F until cheese melts.
Serves 6 to 8.