Baked Scallops with Garlic Sauce
- 1 1/2 pounds bay scallops, cut in halves
- 3 cloves garlic, mashed
- 1/4 cup (1/2 stick) margarine, melted
- 10 firm white mushrooms, sliced
- Light dash of onion salt
- Dash of freshly grated pepper
- 1/3 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- 1 teaspoon finely minced fresh parsley
- Wipe scallops with damp paper towel. Mash garlic cloves and add to margarine;
stir well to blend. Keep warm.
- Pour a little of the melted garlic sauce into
the bottom of a baking dish; add the mushrooms and season.
- Place the scallops on top of the mushrooms.
- Reserve 1 tablespoon garlic sauce and drizzle the rest
- Sprinkle with bread crumbs, parsley and reserved garlic sauce.
- Bake in preheated 375 degrees F oven until the top is nicely browned and