Baked Shrimp with Chile-Garlic Butter
- 1 1/2 pounds medium fresh shrimp in shells
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 8 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 to 3 dried de arbol chiles, coarsely crumbled
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Scallion tops, slivered (for garnish)
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Shell and devein shrimp, leaving tails attached; rinse and drain well.
- Heat butter and oil in small skillet over medium heat until butter is melted and foamy. Add garlic, chiles, lime juice and salt. Cook and stir for 1 minute. Remove from heat.
- Arrange shrimp in an even layer in a shallow 2-quart baking dish. Pour hot butter mixture over shrimp.
- Bake shrimp for 10 to 12 minutes until shrimp turn pink and opaque, stirring once. DO NOT OVERCOOK or shrimp will be dry and tough.
- Garnish with slivered scallion tops.
Yield: 4 servings