Baked Stuffed Shrimp
- 24 jumbo shrimp
- 1 medium onion, minced
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup fresh crab meat or 1 (7 1/2 ounce) can
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1 cup milk
- 1 tablespoon sherry wine, or more
- Grated Parmesan cheese
- Clean and remove heads and shells from shrimp, leaving tails. Split shrimp
and open flat.
- Sauté onion and pepper in 4 tablespoons of the butter until soft
but not brown. Add the crab meat, dry mustard, Worcestershire sauce, salt and
mayonnaise. Set aside.
- Make white sauce using remaining 2 tablespoons butter, flour and milk. Add
to crab meat mixture along with the sherry. Mix well; stuff the butterflied
shrimp with the crab meat and dot with extra butter.
- Sprinkle lightly with Parmesan cheese and paprika.
- Arrange in shallow baking pan and bake at 350 degrees F
for 25 to 30 minutes.
Serves 4 to 6.