Baked Stuffed Shrimp
- 25 to 30 large shrimp
- 3/4 stick (6 tablespoons) butter or margarine
- 6 ribs celery, chopped
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 3 bay leaves
- 1 bunch green onions, chopped
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 pound crabmeat (lump or claw)
- Salt, black and red peppers, to taste
- About 3/4 of a medium-size French bread loaf
- 1 cup seasoned bread crumbs
- Peel raw shrimp, leaving tail section on shrimp. Devein and butterfly shrimp.
Refrigerate until dressing is prepared.
- In medium skillet, sauté celery, onions and bay leaves in butter or margarine
until tender. Add green onions and parsley. Sauté until tender. Remove bay leaves.
- Poke holes in French bread. Wet bread under cold water then squeeze out
most of the water. Break bread into small pieces with hands and place in mixing
bowl. Add celery, onions and parsley mixture to bread. Add crabmeat, salt and
- Take some of the dressing and by hand wrap around shrimp, leaving tail exposed.
Roll or sprinkle seasoned bread crumbs over stuffing. Place on lightly greased
- Bake at 350 degrees F for about 30 minutes.
Makes 25 to 30 stuffed shrimp.