Bang Bang Shrimp
Bang Bang Shrmp became famous as a menu item at Bonefish Grill, but it is very easy to make at home.
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, tails left on if desired
- 1/2 cup cornstarch
- Oil for frying
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 cups shredded lettuce
- 1/4 cup green onions, chopped
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Thai sweet chili sauce
- Hot sauce, such as Sriracha, to taste
- Heat the oil to 375 degrees F in a skillet or deep fryer.
- Season the shrimp with salt and pepper and then toss with the cornstarch to coat.
- Fry the shrimp 1-2 minutes (or pan sauté in a drizzle of olive oil). Drain on paper towels.
- To make the sauce, combine mayonnaise, chili sauce and hot sauce. Set aside.
- To assemble, place the lettuce on a serving platter, top with the shrimp,
drizzle with sauce and sprinkle with green onions.
- Serve immediately.