Basil Baked Cod Fillets
- 1/2 pound cod, haddock, lingcod, or orange roughy fillets
- 1 teaspoon olive
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil, crushed
- 1/8 teaspoon
- Dash of salt
- 2 plum tomatoes, cored and cut lengthwise intothin slices
- 2 teaspoons grated Parmesan cheese
- Drain and pat fillets dry and cut into 2 serving pieces.
- Combine oil and lemon juice in a baking dish. Add fish and turn to coat
both sides. Sprinkle with basil, pepper, and salt. Overlap tomatoes in an even
layer on fish and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese.
- Cover with foil and bake at 400 degrees F about 10-15 minutes or until fish
Reprinted with permission from the National Fisheries Institute.