Blackened Shrimp Stroganoff
- 1 pound fresh shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon Cajun seasoning
- 6 ounces fettuccini pasta
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 3 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 (7 ounce) jar roasted red bell peppers
- 1 tablespoon drained capers
- Combine peeled shrimp, oil, and Cajun seasoning in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook
for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Meanwhile, melt butter over medium heat in a large frying pan. Cook and
stir mushrooms and shallot in butter until tender. Remove from pan.
- Add shrimp; cook until shrimp turn pink about 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from pan.
- Add 2/3 cup chicken broth to pan, and bring to a boil. Cook, uncovered, until reduced to
1/4 cup (2 to 3 minutes).
- In a small bowl, stir together sour cream and cornstarch; mix in 1 cup chicken
broth. Stir into reduced chicken broth in the frying pan. Cook and stir until
thick and bubbly. Cook 1 minute more.
- Stir in shrimp, mushroom mixture, roasted
red peppers, and capers. Heat through, and season to taste.
- Serve over pasta.