Boiled Gulf Shrimp
- 1 gallon water
- 1 (3 ounce) box Zatarain's crab boil
- 2 lemons, sliced
- 6 peppercorns
- 2 bay leaves
- 5 pounds raw shrimp in the shell
- 1/2 tablespoon Creole mustard, or more
- 2 tablespoons grated onion
- 1 pint mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup horseradish, or more
- 1/2 cup chopped chives
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Shrimp: Bring to boil the water seasoned with crab boil, lemons, peppercorns
and bay leaves. Drop in shrimp. When water returns to a boil, cook jumbo or
large shrimp for 12 to 13 minutes and medium shrimp for 7 to 8 minutes.
from heat and add 1 quart ice water. Let sit for 10 minutes. Drain.
- Serve Rémoulade Sauce as a dip.
- Remoulade Sauce: Mix all ingredients. Serve over cold boiled shrimp for
a shrimp Rémoulade main course or use as a dip for boiled shrimp. Sauce is best
after 24 hours.
Yield: 2 1/4 cups sauce