- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh oregano leaves
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons brandy
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Melt butter with olive oil in large skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic
and cook, stirring often, until it is fragrant, one to two minutes.
- Stir in
the shrimp, Worcestershire sauce, Tabasco, oregano, and some salt and pepper
and let the mixture simmer until the shrimp are partially cooked through and
beginning to curl, about two minutes.
- Stir in the ketchup and simmer until the
shrimp are opaque and just cooked through, two more minutes.
- Add the brandy
and parsley. Stir to combine, remove from heat and serve.
- Serve over pasta or rice.
As a general rule, to avoid rubbery, over-cooked shrimp, don't cook
them for more than five minutes total.
This page may contain affiliate links. Any purchases made through these links help support Recipegoldmine.com at no additional cost to you. Please see our Disclosure Policy.