Bubba's Shrimp Boil
Here's a pot of shrimp, you'll eagerly dig into. Seasoned with onions,
garlic, jalapeno and whole spices, this is not only a tasty entree but a satisfying
- 1 1/2 pounds large shrimp in shells
- 4 large garlic cloves
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 lemon, halved
- 1/4 cup pickled jalapeno slices
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 bay leaves, crumbled
- 2 teaspoons coriander seeds
- 2 teaspoons mustard seeds
- 2 teaspoons black peppercorns
- 1 teaspoon celery seed
- 1 teaspoon red pepper sauce
- Lemon wedges, for garnish
- Make a slit through shell down center of each curved side of shrimp to the
tail. Remove vein. Refrigerate shrimp in bowl.
- Meanwhile, bring 2 quarts water and remaining ingredients (except lemon
wedges) to boil in large pot over medium-high heat. Boil 20 minutes.
- Add shrimp; return to boil and remove from heat. Cover and let stand 5 minutes.
- Drain shrimp in large colander; discard liquid.
- Serve with lemon wedges.
Makes 4 servings.
Per serving: Calories 155; Total Fat 2.5 g; Saturated Fat .5 g; Cholesterol
210 mg; Sodium 797 mg; Carbohydrates 4 g; Protein 29 g; Calcium 92 mg
Posted by FootsieBear at Recipe Goldmine June 2, 2001