Butter Baked Grouper
with Key Lime Juice
Grouper fillet is coated with butter, then sprinkled with Key lime juice, seasoned,
sprinkled with panko crumbs and baked until lightly browned.
- 1/3 cup butter, cut up
- 1 to 1 1/2 pounds grouper fillet, skin removed
- 2 tablespoons Key lime juice
- Salt and black pepper, to taste
- 3/4 cup panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- Heat oven to 400 degrees F.
- While the oven is heating, place the butter in a baking dish (large enough
to hold the fillet) and melt in the oven, about 2 minutes.
- Remove the baking
dish from the oven and place the grouper fillet in the baking dish, turning
once to coat with the butter. Sprinkle the fillet with the key lime juice and
season with salt and pepper.
- In a separate bowl, combine the Panko breadcrumbs and paprika and sprinkle
the desired amount over the fillet.
- Bake the grouper fillet, uncovered, for about 20 minutes, or until the topping
is lightly browned and the fish flakes easily when pierced with a knife.
Serves 3 to 4.
Tip: The recipe may be doubled to serve 6 to 8. Choose a baking dish large enough
to hold two fillets without overlapping them.