California Shrimp Curry on Avocado
- 12 ounces frozen shrimp
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 teaspoons curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- 1 medium tomato, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream
- 3 to 4 avocados, cut in half lengthwise and pit removed
- Cook the shrimp.
- Melt the butter with curry powder and salt.
- Sauté tomato and onion in the butter mixture. When soft, add lime or lemon juice, shrimp
and sour cream. Remove from heat.
- Spoon into avocado halves, and serve with rice and chutney.
Serves 6 to 8.