Cashew Shrimp Supreme
- 1 pound medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onion
- 1/4 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1 small clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup diced zucchini
- 3 1/2 cups cooked rice
- 3/4 cup cashews
- Sweet red bell pepper rings
- Cut shrimp in half lengthwise and reserve.
- In a medium bowl, combine cornstarch,
sugar, baking soda, salt and pepper. Add shrimp and toss gently to coat.
- Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet. Add shrimp and stir-fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp and set aside.
- Drain off all but 2 tablespoons oil.
- Stir-fry onion, pepper and garlic in oil remaining in skillet.
- Add zucchini and stir-fry 2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, rice and cashews. Cook over low heat,
stirring, until heated through.
- Spoon into serving dish.
- Garnish with red pepper rings.
Yield: serves 4
Posted by Annette at Recipe Goldmine on 8/18/2001 4:19 pm.