- 1 pound medium shrimp
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 3/4 cup cashews
- Sweet red pepper rings
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
- 1/4 cup chopped red peppers
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cup chopped unpeeled zucchini
- 3 1/2 cups cooked rice
- Cut shrimp in half lengthwise. Combine cornstarch, sugar, baking soda, salt
and pepper. Mix well.
- Add shrimp and toss gently to coat. Let stand 15 minutes.
- Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add shrimp. Cook, stirring
constantly, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Remove shrimp, setting aside.
- Drain off drippings. Leave 2 tablespoons in skillet. Sauté onions, chopped
red peppers and garlic until tender.
- Add zucchini and sauté 2 minutes.
- Stir in shrimp, rice and cashews. Cook over low heat, stirring constantly, until
- Spoon into serving dish. Garnish with red pepper rings.