Cheesy Tuna and Rice
Cheesy Tuna and Rice is a tasty variation on the traditional casserole. Delicious,
easy to prepare and it's ready in less than 1 hour.
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 can (12 fluid ounces)
NESTLÉ® CARNATION® Evaporated Milk
- 1 1/2 cups (6 ounces) shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 cup instant rice
- 1 tablespoon chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) whole tomatoes, cut in half, drained
- 2 cans (6
ounces each) tuna packed in water, drained
- Heat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt butter in medium saucepan. Add onion; cook for 5 minutes.
- Blend in
flour, salt and ground black pepper.
- Stir in evaporated milk. Cook over medium
heat, stirring constantly, until mixture comes just to a boil.
- Stir in cheddar
cheese and Parmesan cheese until melted.
- Combine rice, parsley, paprika, oregano, cayenne pepper, and tomatoes in
11 x 7-inch baking dish. Top with tuna. Spread cheese sauce over tuna.
- Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until edges are bubbly.
Preparation Time: 15 mins | Cooking Time: 30 mins | Servings: 6
Recipe and photo credit: Nestlé® and meals.com.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.