This post may contain affiliate links. Please see our
Chilled Smoked Fish with Horseradish Sauce
The fish makes an excellent buffet dish. For an appetizer, serve a piece of smoked
fish on a Melba round with a dab of sauce on top.
- Whole redfish
- Garlic salt
- Lemon-pepper seasoning
- Juice of 3 lemons
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- Dash of Tabasco sauce
- 1 teaspoon chopped parsley
- 2 cups sour cream
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon lemon-pepper seasoning
- Salt, to taste
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives or 1 teaspoon dill seed or fresh dill
- Fish: Sprinkle fish with garlic salt and lemon-pepper seasoning.
next 5 ingredients to make basting sauce.
- Place aluminum foil over tail and
head of fish and smoke on covered grill over low fire (to which wet hickory
chips have been added) for about 1 hour. Baste every 15 minutes. Do not overcook.
Fish should flake easily.
- Cool, refrigerate and serve with Horseradish Sauce.
- Horseradish Sauce: Mix together all ingredients and spoon into bowl. Sprinkle
Yield: about 1 serving per pound | 2 cups sauce