Chinese-Style Baked Tuna
- 4 to 6 tuna* steaks (about 1 to 1 1/2 inches thick)
- About 2 green onions (green and white part)
- 4 to 6 cloves garlic (slice into thin cross-sections)
- 1 tablespoon ginger, sliced into thin strips
- Juice of 1/2 to 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons white wine, rice wine or tequila
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 teaspoons brown sugar
- Couple drops of hot sauce (Chinese red pepper sauce, Tabasco, etc.)
* can also use any non-oily fish with coarse texture meat
- Sprinkle fish steaks with salt to taste the day before baking (you will
probably want to reduce the salt a little because soy sauce is very salty).
- The next day, about an hour before baking, drizzle fish with wine and lemon
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- While oven is heating, slice garlic, ginger and green onions. Green onions
can be sliced into 2 inch segments.
- Prepare soy sauce mixture by mixing
it with brown sugar and hot sauce.
- When ready to bake, line a Pyrex baking dish
with foil and line it with about 1/4 of your ginger, green onions and ginger.
Place fish steaks on top and place remaining ingredients on top of fish. Pour
soy sauce over top and make a sealed pouch using foil.
- Bake fish in sealed pouch for about 15 minutes.
- Open pouch and bake uncovered
for about 10 more minutes or until done. Be careful not to over-bake.
Please note that the ingredients in this recipe do not have to be exact
measurements. If you use less or more than the specified amount,
everything will turn out just fine.
Posted by Cookin Dad at Recipe Goldmine 6/16/01 9:52:40 pm.
Recipe Goldmine is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com. This is without any additional cost to you.