Citrus Shrimp Scampi over Pasta
- 1/3 cup butter (no margarine)
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic (or to taste)
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon grated lemon peel
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- Seasoned salt or kosher or sea salt, to taste
- A lot of black pepper
- 2 pounds large raw shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 12 ounces pasta of choice, cooked
- Parmesan cheese (optional)
- Melt butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Add green onions, garlic, lemon zest, lemon juice and chili flakes; cook for about 2 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Reduce the heat to medium and add the shrimp; cook stirring for about 5 minutes or until the shrimp turns pink.
- Season with salt and lots of black pepper and stir in parsley. Toss with the cooked pasta.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.