- 24 Cherrystone clams
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/2 cup finely minced onion
- 1/4 cup finely minced green bell pepper
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 cup bread crumbs
- 4 slices crisply-fried bacon, crumbled
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano
- 2 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup very finely chopped parsley
- Paprika to taste
- Olive oil to taste
- Heat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Wash and scrub clams well, discarding any that are open. Place on baking
sheet and bake until shells open, discarding any that do not open. Remove meat
and chop. Discard half the shells.
- Sauté onion, bell pepper and garlic in oil and butter until soft. Remove
from heat and cool.
- Add bread crumbs, bacon, oregano, Parmesan and reserved
clams to onion mixture; mix well.
- Fill shells with clam mixture. Sprinkle with
parsley and paprika; drizzle with olive oil.
- Bake for 7 minutes or until lightly browned. Remove from oven.
- Serve hot.
Yield: 6 servings