Coconut Fried Shrimp
- 1 pound small raw shrimp, shelled and de-veined
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 teaspoon ground ginger
- 3 teaspoon curry powder
- 1 3/4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1/4 cups skimmed milk
- 1/2 cup Coco Casa Cream of Coconut
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) can flaked coconut
- Oil (for frying)
- Marinate shrimp in lemon juice, salt, ginger and curry powder for 1 to 2
hours. Drain well.
- Prepare batter of 1 1/2 cups flour, baking powder, milk and Cream of Coconut.
- Coat shrimp with remaining flour; dip in prepared batter and then dip lightly
into flaked coconut.
- Fry in deep hot oil about 2 to 3 minutes. Fry only about
6 shrimp at a time.