Coconut Lime Fillets
- 6 eggs
- 2 cups coconut milk
- 4 1/2 cups fine breadcrumbs
- 3 cups flaked unsweetened coconut
- 2 tablespoons lime zest, minced
- 24 red snapper fillets*
- Salt, to taste
- Ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 1/2 cups Mustard Lime Sauce
Mustard Lime Sauce
- 1 1/2 cups reduced calorie mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 3/4 cups lime juice
* Flounder, cod, haddock, catfish, or orange roughy can be substituted.
- Fillets: Combine egg and milk in a shallow dish. Set aside.
- Combine breadcrumbs, coconut and lime in a separate shallow dish and set
- Lightly season fillets with salt and pepper, dip into egg mixture, then
dredge in coconut mixture. Arrange fillets on a lightly greased parchment-lined
- Bake at 450 degrees F for 15 minutes until fish flakes easily.
- Serve each fillet with approximately 1 1/2 tablespoons of Mustard Lime Sauce.
- Mustard Lime Sauce: Whisk together ingredients until smooth.
Makes 24 servings.
Recipe and photo credit: National Fisheries Institute.
Please shop Amazon here. We are an Amazon affiliate to help defray expenses in maintaining this site. Thank you.