Coconut Shrimp with Jalapeno Jelly
- 3 cups shredded coconut
- 12 (16-20 or 26-30) shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 cup flour
- 2 eggs, beaten
- Vegetable oil
- 1 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 2 green jalapeno peppers, seeded and minced
- 1 small red bell pepper, minced
- 1 package liquid pectin
- Shrimp: Lightly toast the coconut on a cookie sheet in a 350 degrees F oven
for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Butterfly each shrimp by splitting lengthwise down the center, cutting three-fourths
of the way through. Dredge the shrimp in flour and then dip in egg. Press the
shredded coconut into the shrimp and then fry in 350 degrees F vegetable oil
until golden brown.
- Serve with Jalapeno Jelly.
- Jalapeno Jelly: Place all ingredients, except pectin, in a saucepan and
bring to a boil. Add the pectin and bring to a boil again. Remove from heat
The Jalapeno Jelly can be stored in an airtight container in the refrigerator
for 7 to 14 days.