- 1 cup ground conch (about 1/2 pound)*
- 1 cup flour
- 1 tablespoon baking
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 tablespoon onion, grated
- 1/2 cup milk
- 3 garlic cloves,
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
* May substitute scallops or clams.
- Grind conch meat in meat grinder or pulse in food processor.
- Heat several inches of oil in a deep pot or fryer to 365 degrees.
- Mix all ingredients until thoroughly blended.
- Drop batter by rounded tablespoon into hot oil and fry until golden brown,
3 to 5 minutes.
Source: Miami Herald