These crab cakes are almost pure crab meat...hardly any filler.
- 1 pound lump crab meat (check over carefully for shells)
- 3 or 4 tablespoons diced onion
- 3 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 egg
- 3 or 4 tablespoons plain bread crumbs
- 1 or 2 dashes cayenne pepper or fresh ground black pepper
- Chopped fresh garlic (optional)
- 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs
- Mix all ingredients by hand. Do not over blend and try not to break apart
the crab meat too much. Mixture will be very wet and barely holding together.
Mixture will make 4 large cakes or 6 smaller ones.
- Place a 1/2 cup plain bread crumbs in a plate. Grab a handful of crab mixture
and gently pat together. Gently lay the cake onto the bread crumbs and flip
onto the other side to coat. Put cakes into the refrigerator for about an hour
to firm up.
- Coat a frying pan with oil. Sauté the crab cakes for 4 to 5 minutes on one
side. Flip and cook another 2 to 3 minutes till browned.
- Enjoy as a sandwich (place on a toasted poppy seed bun or potato roll) with
lettuce and tartar sauce and coleslaw on the side. They're great all by
Posted by jerseyjan at recipegoldmine.com.
Sharing of this recipe is both encouraged
and appreciated. Copying and/or pasting full recipes to any social media is strictly prohibited.
>> Seafood Recipes